Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Slap-A-Lapsed-Catholic

I'm annoyed. I get grouchy when the humidity is at 100% and the heat of summer has arrived. I also get really grouchy when the media twists events into falsehoods and spews them as factual news. Especially when it fuels antiCatholics who shoot from the hip first and ask questions later. AntiCatholic social media outlets are running amok with news that God is angry with those Catholic statues and used one to kill a priest. *sigh*

It's time to officially kick off my "Slap-A-Lapsed-Catholic" blog feature. I am NOT promoting violence, these are VERBAL slaps done with my BLOG, not with my hands. I do not want to get emails from anyone saying they got slapped because some mental midget used my blog as a permission slip to assault someone. This is NOT permission to physically assault anyone. Since I personally have to refrain from physically clubbing morons over the head with skillet, I have come up with the "slap-a-lapsed-catholic" blog feature instead. If this offends you...play me a violin.

So my first gripe of the day is against VaticanInsider.com for their terribly misleading article title which states "VIRGIN MARY STATUE KILLS PARISH PRIEST IN ITALIAN EARTHQUAKE". That is a very misleading title suggesting a statue of the Virgin Mary tumbled down on top of a priest killing him. What the article ACTUALLY says is that

"Unable to escape, Fr. Ivan was hit by a rock or a collapsing beam, while the two firemen who had accompanied him managed to escape unscathed."

There was NO deadly blow by any Virgin Mary statue- that was completely fabricated by VaticanInsider.com and clearly shows they want to mislead readers rather than simply reporting factual news. I get that they were probably suggesting that merely going into the church after the earthquake for the statue/s caused his death. I still say the title is purposely (in my opinion) misleading to make people believe a statue of the Virgin Mary toppled onto this priest killing him. This title sends antiCatholics into a tizzy, pointing gnarled fingers at Catholics saying "SEE! God is getting you for those pagan statues!" blah, blah, blah. *yawn*

Moving on...[this is the slapping part]

My next gripe is FREAKING LIBERAL CATHOLICS!!!!!!!! ACK!!!!!!!!!!! Oh boo freaking hoo to those liberal nuns who got a wake up call from the Vatican. And to the priests who support them... don't get me started on you disgraces to the collar!! Shame on you!!

Ever since the Vatican [FINALLY after TWO separate investigations 2008 & 2009] put it's foot down on these liberal nuns who are GOING AGAINST Catholic teaching (supporting contraception, pushing for female clergy [as if!], and abortion and gay marriage) they have not stopped whining. GET OVER IT!! You want to call yourselves 'Catholic'?? Then BE Catholic! Keep with ALL Church teachings. The Catholic faith is NOT a buffet for anyone to pick what they want and discard the rest.
Reading 'The Church Report' this morning I thought my head would exploded. If there is anything that gets me ticked off quicker than a liberal "Catholic" it's a liberal Catholic Religious!
From the article...

"The crackdown has caused an uproar among some Catholics, sparking dozens of vigils in cities across the country.
A Cleveland priest who has gone public with his support for the sisters says the Vatican action is an undeserved slap in the face to dedicated and educated women, and the anger it has created could trigger a major exodus from the pews.
"It's another event in which the people are disappointed in the leadership of the Catholic Church," said the Rev. Doug Koesel, pastor of Blessed Trinity Catholic Church in Cleveland. "This has the potential to be damaging to the church in the United States. Many Catholics have already walked away."

Good!! Don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out!! Good riddance I say! If you don't want to BE Catholic and accept ALL Catholic teaching then GET OUT. No one is putting a gun to your head forcing you to be a member of the Catholic Church. If you think you can find better than GOD's ONLY created Church on earth, go for it. When you realise what a moron you've been and come crawling back the doors of the confessional will be open to you and you will be received back with open arms and cheering in heaven. Until then, shut up and stop whining. [my priest tells me I have to work on my patience and charity- smart priest] :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you with this particular SALC, Chatty Julie. I have never, do not now, nor will I EVER understand why those who cannot believe or even simply assent to the CONSTANT TEACHING of the Catholic Church simply don't do themselves and everyone else a favor by seeking out another faith community that will accommodate their erroneous beliefs. Bad enough they've distanced themselves so far from the Church and Truth but to go public about it, causing scandal--itself, lest they forget--a sin, among the faithful!
I will try to find the exact quote by our magnificent Blessed Pope John Paul II that says, in essence, "It is not about the numbers in the pews," but about the constant and unerring truth. So those who align themselves with dissident clergy and religious have got it so back***wards already. It AIN'T ABOUT THE NUMBERS. It's about the TRUTH.

Gabriel Sorzano said...

The church is divided, one is the christian laity and some priests that have learned by imitation of good people and the other is the priestly class whose god is the priestly class under the disguise of a falsely divine Church. It has become more exaggerated and visible since the end of the Council, that the last popes have neutralized almost completely.
There are a lot of old lies that have become visible with more information but the obvious tell is the behavior not recognizing crimes and trying to protect the crimi I hope is not too latenals.
Also the amassing treasure in Earth (secular art worth billions) in lieu of in heaven (giving it to the poor)
Eventually you will see it too