Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

When Did Our Morals Disappear?

I think the main problem of where our morality has gone in this country and in this world is - through the media - television and the movies. Everything we see, no matter how clean it seems to be on the outside, revolves around sex. It's like it's the only thing people can think about. And having raised a child in the 80's and 90's, if I were to do it over again, I would join the growing band wagon of not allowing her to watch tv OR watch many movies in my home. I, myself, have pretty much barred myself from network tv because it is so disgusting. I limit myself to TCM movies from the 40's and early 50's because after that, everything goes downhill.

And if this isn't bad enough, many states now have 'sex education' classes in high school because our children need to be taught about safe sex, abortion and birth control. Please. Why do kids have to learn about sex at all when they are in high school? Certainly it's not because they've matured enough to handle it. I mean, what the heck, if I get pregnant, I'll have an abortion. Right? Isn't that how they think? Do these kids realize what they are doing to their immortal souls? Do the parents? It doesn't seem like it and it doesn't seem like they even care.

One high school in this country had a group of college kids come in to teach on safe sex and whatever, and ended up talking about sex fetishes and other just as disgusting topics that juniors in high school do not need to know about.

This wasn't so bad as when the story broke in the media. Then I saw where the parents and people in general were standing up for this college in what they were doing, applauding them and telling us who opposed this that it's none of our business and they're glad kids are learning these things in school. Excuse me? Course there were a few slams at us about being Catholic. What ever happened to our parents being the teachers of things like this? Whatever happened to parents teaching their children abstinence instead of safe sex? It used to be that boys were the agressors when it came to sex. But now, we see girls doing all sorts of immoral behavior and for what? To get a guy? To get a free ticket to hell? Why is it the Catholic Church is practically the only Church to teach morals anymore? Where is God in everyone's life? No where? No one cares that these sex-filled activities are sinful if they are unmarried? And yes, if they are gay?

I read in Saint Faustina's diary that many people will end up in hell because they do not believe that hell exists. Well if they believe that, then do people also not believe in God? Or is God too loving to send anyone to hell? Here's a hint people: God does NOT send us to hell; we send ourselves via our SINS. You know - those things we do that offend God. If anyone on this green earth believes that all of this sex doesn't offend God, then you might as well pack your little bags for the next train to hell. Seriously.

I think I'm just getting tired from all the shock that we are exposed to today in the news and just when you think you've seen it all, something worse comes out. Are we ever going to hit bottom and start going back to God? Or is our world in for another "Noah's Ark" or "Sodom and Gomorrha?" God will punish this world for its sins. He has done it over and over again throughout history, and still people live as if God doesn't exist at all. I can't take it.

Well I'll get off my soap box now. Just think about what I said and if you don't believe me, you better start reading the Bible and read it for what it says. God means what He says. Seriously. He does.

From Google Images

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I kinda like when you get on your soap box! Alot of good things are said.
It truly is tragic that people are living as though God does not exist. The "world" is trying to erase Him and the media is one of the biggest contributors to this present Godless society. Just watch one HOUR of t.v. to confirm this!
However, try as they may God can never be erased. Truth does not change because people turn their backs, but the adversary is winning souls like crazy.
We have to pray HARD in these times for the salvation of souls.

Anonymous said...

Good points. And I agree, we really do have to pray hard. Bad times coming. Oh wait, I think we're in bad times already.